CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2014

Why Cardston?

I've thought about writing this for a while, but each time I have a moment to write, I don't feel like writing.

In 2012, Colin and I felt the undeniable prompting to get back to school.  He had been working and teaching early morning seminary and unfortunately school got put on the hold.  Our student loans went into repayment and Colin really had no idea what he was going to do anyway.  So, our prayers yielded a "stay your course", so we stayed put!  BUT, once we had the feeling to head back to school everything just seemed to click.

We didn't have the initial intention of living the way we do now.  We had looked for a few places to live in Lethbridge, each either falling through or we felt unsettled about.  We even gave a landlord a damage deposit which we lost because our student loan came in much lower than we were expecting.

Colin's parents had mentioned on numerous occasions that we should live with them.  I didn't want to, as we'd been our own family unit for 7 years, and was confident we could do this on our own.  But each time we prayed and visited the temple, we had the continued feeling that living with his parents is what we should do.  Colin's parents were going to be building a house in Cardston and it was agreed that Colin would work for his dad the following summer to help frame, sheath, doors, windows, roof, just about anything he could do!  So much to my reluctance, we moved in.

It's been an interesting 2 years thus far, without going into detail.  Colin and I have witnessed so many blessings, and I know his parents have too.  It's been a wonderful learning experience for all of us.  I have gotten to know my in laws better and in turn they have gotten to know me better.  They have a chance to get to know their grand kids, as they were overseas for the boys births, and my kids know their grandparents.

I told Colin before we were even married that I never wanted to live in Cardston, but it's been a wonderful experience.  I KNOW, each time I attend the temple or pray, that this is where we are supposed to be.  We aren't sure why, but I know we've witnessed many wonderful things since doing this.

We will be eternally grateful to Colin's parents for the opportunity we've had to live with them.  For the things they've helped us accomplish and for the things we've helped them accomplish.    Colin and I joke that we feel like it's preparing us to live the Law of Consecration.

We've had a few individuals express their disappointment with our current living situation.  It's been hard to feel judged by people who have no idea what our arrangement is.  By either not choosing to listen or refusing to.

But I KNOW without a doubt, this is where my Heavenly Father wants us.  Whether those people choose to believe this, is up to them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment